While I only added 534 words to my overall count, I did a great deal of other work to the novel so I still feel like I had a productive day.
I double checked to make sure all my paragraph indents were the same -1/2 an inch from the margin. I also made sure all the text was the same size and font – I don’t want formatting issues with this book as I am having with Crimson Knight. I’ve also split another chapter into two creating 18 chapters so far. I’d like to have 25 chapters with no less than 2,000 words each. Some of my currently beefed up chapters have around 3,000 words so I’m still confident I can reach my goal of 60,000 words by the end of the month.
The story is still evolving even as I complete the final draft of this novel, fleshing out the parts that were anemic as well as adding flavor to those parts that were bland. I’m going to be almost completely rewriting one scene because I want to a better job at showing and not telling. It’s in need of flavoring and leavening without using a bunch of junk filler. The ending is also going to change. It’s always been meant to be a cliffhanger ending, but the way it’s actually going to end is changing because I got a better idea for it.
It’s a good thing too because I was having a hell of a time trying to think how to start the next book. It’ll be easier now. 🙂
See you on the flipside and don’t forget your towel and sonic screwdriver!!