I mentioned this project in my Project Parade post, It’s a Victorian era pattern which is sewn onto a bolster pillow. You can find the original pattern here:
I made the filet crochet mesh base:
I’m using pink crochet thread size 10 I think. I was given several balls of thread without labels, and I’m still learning how to tell the sizes just by looking at them. I’m also using steel hook size B(1.5mm).
Since my last post, I’ve made the stems and leaves:
They don’t look like much right now, but once they’re straightened out and starched, they’ll be fabulous!
The remaining part is a trio of roses, and I’m using a darker pink/mauve thread that should be size 10 as well. I’ll be using the same size hook too.
When I next post about this project, it should be done or almost done. I’ll be getting a purple bolster pillow to put it on. The picture doesn’t show what colors are used, but the pillow is much darker than the crochet. I think the light pink with darker flowers will look lovely on the dark purple pillow. We’ll see…
See you on the flipside and don’t forget your towel and sonic screwdriver!!